DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Wednesday, March 1, 2017
The Art History Undergraduate Symposium is an annual conference in which a select number of students present their academic research paper to the public. Presenting students are selected based on the strength and merit of their research.
We strongly encourage papers that push the boundaries of academic analysis and reflect a diversity of scholarship within the University of British Columbia's Department of Art History, Visual Art, Art History and Theory.
Selected papers undergo several stages of editing. Authors must participate in the editorial process with the journal's editorial committee in-full to publish their work. Symposium paper abstracts are published in UJAH's print issue. The full papers are published online following the symposium.
This year's symposium will be held on Friday, April 7, 2017 at the Audain Art Centre in conjunction with the launch UJAH's print publication. Further details to be announced in March.
- Written for an undergraduate course at the University of British Columbia
- Related to the field of art history and/or visual culture (paper is a rigorous and carefully researched scholarly paper that studies a work of art/artist(s) within the framework of art history)
- Graded prior to OR in the process of being submitted to the journal
- Unpublished, both online and in print
- Please remove your name from within the paper/files submitted. All entries are judged blind. Entries containing the name of the author will be removed from consideration.
- Maximum 2 entries per person
- Provide year, faculty, major/minor, course number in the body of your email
- No more than 25 pages in length, 12pt, double-spaced (excluding images, endnotes, bibliography)
- Full bibliography, proper citations using the Chicago Manual of Style (endnotes preferred)
- Label all files and images: "Your_Name_Title".docx (e.g. Jane_Doe_Modernity.docx)
Email with subject line "Art History Undergraduate Symposium Paper Submission" to email@example.com