DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Wednesday, February 13, 2018
The Art History Undergraduate Symposium is an annual conference in which a select number of students present their academic research paper to the public. Presenting students are selected based on the strength and merit of their research.
We strongly encourage papers that push the boundaries of academic analysis and reflect a diversity of scholarship within the University of British Columbia's Department of Art History, Visual Art, Art History and Theory.
Selected papers undergo several stages of editing. Authors must participate in the editorial process with the journal's editorial committee in-full to publish their work. Symposium paper abstracts are published in UJAH's print issue. The full papers are published online following the symposium.
This year's symposium will be held on Friday, April 6, 2018 at the Audain Art Centre in conjunction with the launch UJAH's print publication. Further details to be announced in March.
- Written for an undergraduate course at the University of British Columbia, the Emily Carr University of Art and Design, or the Simon Fraser University
- Related to the field of art history and/or visual culture (paper is a rigorous and carefully researched scholarly paper that studies a work of art/artist(s) within the framework of art theory and art history)
- Graded prior to OR in the process of being graded when submitted to the journal
- Paper must be previously unpublished, both online and in print
- Presenter must be available from 1-5PM on April 6 2018 to attend the symposium
- Please remove your name from within the paper/files submitted. All entries are judged blind. Entries containing the name of the author will be removed from consideration.
- Maximum 2 entries per person
- Provide university, year, faculty, major/minor in the body of your email
- No more than 25 pages in length, 12pt, double-spaced (excluding images, endnotes, bibliography)
- Full bibliography, proper citations using the Chicago Manual of Style (endnotes preferred)
Email with subject line "Art History Undergraduate Symposium Paper Submission" to firstname.lastname@example.org