Deadline: November 17, 2017
The journal publishes short, non-academic writing on exhibitions, film, performance, and artist publications. Undergraduate students in all years and disciplines are encouraged to submit.
Papers are selected on the basis of content and strength of analysis. Grammar, spelling, and organization are taken into account. Selected papers may undergo several stages of editing. Authors must participate in the editorial process with the journal's editorial committee in full to publish their work.
- Current undergraduate student at the University of British Columbia
- A recent exhibition, publication, film, or performance, ideally less than 6 months
- Paper does not have to be written for a class; however, it should be unpublished (both online and in print)
Remove your name from within the paper/files submitted. All entries are judged blind. Entries containing the name of the author will be removed from consideration.
- Maximum 2 entries per person
- Provide your year, faculty, major/minor, as well as info about the event or publication (i.e., title, location, run-time/date, curator/director/artist/author, date attended) in body of email
- Maximum 1500 words, minimum 500 words in 12pt, double-spaced
- No bibliography required
- Label all files and images: "Your_Name_Title".docx (e.g. Jane_Doe_Modernity.docx)
- At least one high-resolution image is recommended
- Image permission rights must be secured by the author for any image not in the public domain
All files as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word Document (.doc/.docx) format with the subject line "Review Submission".