Deadline: November 17, 2017
The Journal selects 3-4 undergraduate students in Visual Art and showcases their work and creative process through an interview and full-page, colour spread. Selected student artists will be shadowed for several months by a journal editor and staff photographer.
As the journal devotes a great deal of time for each artist, selection is highly competitive. Candidates who can demonstrate a mature and progressive body of work and a serious commitment to their practice are preferred. Final selections are made through blind peer review.
- Undergraduate students with a major or minor in Visual Arts
- Must be available throughout the year for studio visits, photoshoot, and interview
- Preference is given to students who can demonstrate through their documentation, active engagement and evolution of their practice. (i.e., a number of series or set of improved works, or a lengthier project)
- Artwork may be previously published or unpublished
Remove your name from the actual images of your work. All entries are judged blind. Images containing the name of the artist will be removed from consideration.
Submission Specifications - Click HERE to download the UJAH submission checklist!
- Maximum 500-word statement of practice (i.e., development, interests, objectives, aspirations)
- Provide numbered list of all submissions that includes title, year, dimensions, medium in a Word/PDF file. A brief description of the works may also be included
- Include current year, faculty, major/minor in the body of email
- Name all files in the sequence in which they are to be viewed: "LastName_TypeofSubmission_Number".jpg (e.g., Doe_ArtworkSubmission_2.jpg)
- JPEG images may be submitted for initial consideration; however, all submitted pieces must be available to photograph for publication
- If the artworks selected are no longer available to photograph, the artist must be able to provide high-resolution images for publication (.PSD/.TIFF format at 300dpi)